Continuing our series on the parable of the soils, we turn our attention to the private explanation Jesus provided to His disciples. This passage contains saving truth that was withheld from the crowds because it would have facilitated their repentance. In it we discover four distinct heart responses to God’s Word. Today, we will consider the first two responses.
- Contrasting Responses to Jesus Illustrated (4:1-9)
- Contrasting Responses to Jesus Affirmed (4:10-12)
- Contrasting Responses to Jesus Explained (4:13-20)
Four Distinct Heart Responses to the Word of God
- The Hard Soil: An Indifferent Heart (4:15)
- The Shallow Soil: An Impulsive Heart (4:16-17)