In Jesus’s day, there were many legalists who put their hope for salvation in things that were never prescribed in God’s Word. Today, many are similarly basing their hope in something God has never ordained, such a sinner’s prayer. If you think you are saved simply because you prayed a prayer at some point in your past, your hope is dangerously misplaced. In this series, we are informing our understanding on what assures our salvation by considering the following points.
- We Cannot Assure Someone of Their Salvation
- We Can Assure Someone That if They Repent, Christ Will Save Them
- What Fruits Do We Look For?
- Pattern of Obedience
- Progressive Sanctification
- Presence of the Holy Spirit